Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Team in Training trip to San Francisco!!

I dont think I can even begin to describe my Team in Training (TNT) expereince! It was such an inspirational time in my life! I met the most amazing people throughout my journey and became especially close with 3 ladies that I know I will remain friends with forever! For those of you that dont know about TNT and what it is...let me explain:
Team in Training is a non-profit organization that raises funds to help fund the research to stop leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin lymphoma and myeloma.
I had to raise $3,500 to particiapate in the Nike Women's San Francisco full marathon on October 17, 2010. It was not easy to raise the funds in this economy, but I did it with the help of a lot of wonderful people! I trained with a team of 60 other Alabamians that were part of the TNT Gulf Coast Chapter. We got up VERY EARLY every Saturday to do our long runs and during the week I ran with my girls in Daphne (who also played a HUGE part in my training and encouragement)! Terry was by far my biggest supporter and helped me each step of the way. There were times I didn't think I could do it because of the training schedule and commitment! With having 3 kids and owning a business, training and fundraising can become very stressful. He really stepped up and did everything he could to help ensure my success!! We flew out to San Fran a few days before the marathon, TNT had several activities planned for us to attend! The first was the pre-race pasta party and inspiration dinner. I can honestly say I have NEVER been soooo INSPIRED in my life!! It was so humbling and gratifing to know that I had made a difference!! Then Terry and I did the Alctrez tour (which I LOVED) and got to enjoy the city! After the race (I'll explain that in a min.) TNT had a Post-race dinner party which was so much fun...we had a great time!! The next day Terry and I did a limo bus tour of a few winery's in Napa Valley and we had a great time and met some great Canadaians!! Overall our trip was an awesome experience! One that I will remember forever!! Now about the race....
During my TNT journey I met 3 girls; Kim, Mary Kendal and Kimee that I made a very close bond with. We decided to stay together through the marathon and thats exaclty what we did! We started the marathon holding hands and we crossed the finish line holding hands! Our time was not great, 5 hours 31 mins. but we had a great time even though it was HILLY, FREEZING and RAINING almost the entire 26.2 miles! It didn't matter...we had each other and we knew we could do it....all for a GREAT cause. These girls were so inspirational and we all really formed a very tight bond during our journey! Thanks girls ;)

This picuture is us right after we crossed the finish line!! We were all FREEZING, soaking wet, cold and crying!! Love this one!!
Us with the fireman that presented us our Silver Tiffany's necklaces at the finishline!

San Fran Union Square....our registration/expo area...race day it turned into the start line!

Nike Town....my name is on that wall.....see next picture!


Its in the center...Jennifer Eady...you just kinda have to look carefully...there were 25,000 other names on the wall too!

Alcatraz!

WELCOME......

Thats the water tower..yikes!

Thats the fake body that a few attempted escapee's used!

It was sooo cold and windy at the top!

Me with the other runners at Nike Town....lol
Pre-Race Inspirational dinner.....I cried the entire walk through!
This man made me LOOSE it...I balled like a baby!
Some of the Gulf Coast Chapter girls!

before the race!!
TNT Gulf Coase Chapter before the race!

The GIRLS...Mary Kendal, ME, Kim and Kimee

Terry and I before the race!

At the Starting LINE...YIKES!
me running.....thats the Golden Gate Bridge!!

Awesome supporters that stood outside in the freezing rain to support us!

26 MILES...where the hell is the starting line!!

THE FINISH LINE!



The Post-Race PartyDancing at the afterparty!

Kimee, Kim and Me acting silly in the photobooth!


We did it!! Missing Mary Kendal!


My official Finishers shirt and Silver Tiffany's necklace!
Terry and I at the Golden Gate Bridge on our way to Wine Country!
One of the winery's...not sure which one...lol

Terry and I in one of the wine cellars!

The machine grape stomper...lol...pretty cool to watch though!

Beautiful Winery!


Absolutely Beautiful View!

The love of my life!

1 comment:

Mary Kendall said...

LOVE it Jennifer!!!!! xoxo MK